Designing your kitchen and bath is no small undertaking
As far increasing the value of a home, nothing does it better than updating the kitchen and bathroom. Updating kitchens and bathrooms are a wise investment if done properly. Kitchens are often referred to as the heart of the home. Have you ever noticed that when friends and family come to visit, everyone ends up in the kitchen area? As for bathrooms, this is getaway room that can be your own little oasis if properly designed and updated with the right products.
There are many decisions to make when determining the updates such as new floor or wall tiles. Fortunately, there are kitchen and bathroom experts available to help you make these decisions. Following are some of the choices you will need to think about.
- If you are thinking about selling your home in the near term, it would be a great idea to consult with the kitchen and bathroom experts to determine what are the current trends in flooring, tile and cabinets. If you are updating or remolding the kitchen and bathroom just for your enjoyment, then you may only want to consider your personal tastes in designing the perfect oasis. For example, do you like contemporary look or do you like a rustic look or maybe a look you saw in a magazine.
- Since the sky is the limit on what you can do to update a kitchen or bathroom, you may want to first start by determining how much you want to spend. Knowing your budget will save you and the person working with you valuable time and will help you limit your decisions.
Once you meet with ACE Flooring and the kitchen or bathroom expert you will be on your way to having the dream kitchen or bathroom that you have always wanted.
Designing your kitchen and bath is no small undertaking. After all, there are so many elements to these spaces to consider such as cabinets, counter tops, plumbing, flooring, lighting to name just a few. The details are many and more choices become available everyday in turn, making decisions difficult to make. However, these are special rooms in our homes and they are worthy of our attention.
These are the rooms in which we truly live.
In our kitchen, we gather with friends and family to celebrate special milestones, we prepare meals, work through homework, pay bills and enjoy a quiet moment with a cup of coffee. Our bathrooms provide us with quite tranquil moments where we can rejuvenate or relax at day’s beginning and end.
In this section, we will offer you some guidance to help you along your journey whether it be designing a new kitchen or bath from the ground up or breathing new life into an outdated space.
- Basics— start with the basics and learn everything you need to know about space planning to start you thinking about your overall layout and design. These are important considerations that will make for a functional and comfortable environment.
- Budgets— see how your wants and needs stack up against your budget.
- Colors, Trends & Questionnaire– explore these sections to help you define your design priorities and how you would like your kitchen and bath to function.
- Take Inventory— take inventory of your current kitchen and bathrooms and write down what you like and don’t like about each. Sometimes understanding what you don’t like is the easiest way to find out what you do like. Then make a list of the must haves and not necessaries.